Waiting for fish to nibble your lure can be boring, but it doesn’t have to be. Throw these best fishing jokes, and you’re more than likely to “reel in” a laugh or two – even if it’s a tough crowd! Do you prefer a short, oneliner fishing pun? Our list has it too.
Funny Fishing Jokes
Cracking jokes can be a fun way to engage with your fellow anglers and provide a little comic relief. You can even tell funny fishing jokes to distract competitors. But remember, delivery is the key here!
- Which type of fish loves eating mice? Catfish.
- Where do all the fish safely deposit all of their money? In a riverbank.
- What do you think a shark puts in a peanut butter sandwich? A jellyfish.
- Why is it easy to measure a fish’s weight? Because they have their own scales.
- What supplements do fish take to stay healthy? Vitamin Sea.
- What would someone call a fish with two legs? A two-knee fish.
- Have you wondered where goldfish go for vacation? Around the globe.
- Why do fishes swim in schools? Because they don’t have fish colleges.
- Have you wondered what a fish’s favorite musical instrument is? A bass guitar.
- What will you get if a fishing rod is crossed with a gym sock? A hook, line, and a stinker.
- What kind of music should one listen to while fishing? Something catchy.
- Do you know which day most fish dislike? Fryday.
- Why did Noah not do much fishing on the ark? Because he had only two worms.
- Why is fishing considered a good business? Because of net profits.
- What’s it called when a fish can’t carry a tune? They’re tuna-deaf.
- Which type of net is useless for catching fish? A soccer net.
- When is it time for a fish to go to an eye doctor? When they’re having trouble sea-ing.
- Who is the most famous fish spy? James Pond.
- Why don’t fish play soccer? They’re afraid of the net.
- How do shellfish take photos? With a clam-era.
Fishing Dad Jokes
Dad + fishing = funny fishing dad jokes that are entertaining and make for a good chuckle! If you are a dad who wants to lighten the mood during your fishing trip, try out these fishing dad jokes.
- If an oyster met with an accident, how will you take him to the hospital? In a clam-bulance.
- What would you call a fish wearing a tie? So-fish-ticated.
- What’s the best way for a fish to get to Canada? Follow the northern pike.
- Do you know which part of a fish weighs the most? The scales.
- Why did the fisherman stop playing the violin? Because he was all out of tuna.
- Do you know which fish is the richest in the sea world? It’s the goldfish.
- Which fish has the worst haircut? The mullet.
- What’s the clownfish’s biggest fear? That he’s not really all that finny.
- Where are most fish found? Between their head and tail.
- Do you know what the shark said after eating a clownfish? It tasted a little bit funny.
- What do you think is a pirate’s favorite fish? Swordfish.
- Why don’t fish like playing basketball? Because fish are afraid of the net.
- Have you ever wondered how jellyfishes and octopuses go to war? Well-armed.
- Why don’t oysters like to share their pearls? Because they’re shellfish.
- Have you wondered what a sea monster usually eats? They eat fish and ships.
- What do you call a fish that lost one of its eyes? A fsh.
- What is similar between a map and a fish? They both have scales.
- Where do fish sleep? On the riverbed.
- Why isn’t the bachelor fish married? Because he has fin-timacy issues.
- Do you know the most musical part of a fish? The scales.
Ice Fishing Jokes
Do you catch yourself saying “it’s cold” like a broken record? Swap it with these funny ice fishing jokes and add a little more laugh to your trip!
- What are you likely to catch when you go ice fishing? A cold.
- What do you think the Eskimo got after ice fishing the whole morning? Ice.
- How did the two ice fishermen initiate the conversation? By breaking the ice.
- Why are fishermen advised not to tell jokes while fishing on ice? It will crack them up.
- What was the fisherman’s reaction when his friend told him a joke about ice fishing? Ice fishing jokes are the basst.
- What did the Trout say when it hit the ice? Cold.
- How did the newfie die of ice fishing? He got hit by the Zamboni.
- I met a girl when I was ice fishing, I couldn’t get through to her at first, but then I broke the ice.
- I went ice fishing yesterday. Caught over a hundred pounds. Unfortunately, most of it melted by when I got home
- What’s the fastest fish in the lake? A motor-Pike
- How do you capture a polar bear? Cut a big fishing hole in the ice, wait for the polar bear to bend over the hole to fish, then run up behind the polar bear and kick it in the ice hole
- Where were you the whole morning? Ice fishing, What did you get? Ice.
- What do you call a fisherman who collects stamps? Philatelist
- The vicar’s ice cream was full of chocolate fish. It was his sundae school.
- I tried ice fishing once didn’t really like it. I couldn’t find a hole enough for the boat.
- What did the fisherman say to his friend? You’re skating on fin ice.
- Lifeguards don’t get trained to become fishermen, but fishers of men.
- Did you hear about the blonde killed while ice fishing yesterday? She was hit by a Zamboni
- Why is he called Julius when ice fishing? Because he’s a row-man.
- A man went ice fishing one day and reeled in a giant ice cube. After months of only catching fish, he finally caught a cold.
Fishing puns are an excellent way to play a joke on a friend who loves fishing or poke fun at anyone who is too serious about the sport. Here are some funny fishing puns:
- That fish is so classy. It’s like he’s so-fish-ticated.
- It Seems a bit fishy to me.
- I would make him walk the plankton for that.
- This is sardinely an excellent job.
- I am a pacifisht. I don’t believe in war.
- What did God say after creating fish? That’s good stuff.
- Salmon had to say it.
- Any fin is possible if you believe it.
- DJs know how to drop that bass.
- I wouldn’t be cod dead in that.
- Best fishes on your birthday.
- Ahh, guys, you’re krilling me now.
- I’m hooked.
- When I grow up, I want to be a bass-tro-physicist.
- Well, it’s oh-fish-ial.
- Nope, I never said any fin.
- How’s the calamari? Why it’s ex-squid-sit, thank you.
- Cod this be any punnier?
- We’ve got one oppor-tuna-ty to make a change.
- Tuna in next time for the funniest fishing puns.
Fishing involves a lot of effort and skill and can be an excellent hobby and sport, but it also needs to be fun. Thankfully, there are a lot of funny fishing quotes, jokes, and puns which can lighten up the mood!
Table of Contents